Thursday, March 16, 2006

Obviously the person in this photo {removed} is telling someone on the other side of the lens to fuck off. Well, I ask you; is she telling YOU to fuck off, or simply the camera operator? How would you feel if indeed it was you who is supposed to fuck off? You'd probably feel nothing as you don't know this person, nor do you know what might have sparked her ire. Also, you instinctually know from markers in her facial expression that this particular 'fuck off' is performed with a certain since of what we now call 'irony,' but what we used to call 'love.' Also, the little head she has growing out of her hair is smiling which is also a good sign that what she means by that finger there is, yes indeed, 'fuck off,' but more in the sense of, "I hope you fart loudly next time you're in church" and not, "I hope you are drafted and have to die in Iraq."

I can plainly tell you that she was telling the photographer to fuck off. It was me, and I just didn't know when to quit. I still don't much of the time.

4 comments:

sarahfisch said...

Is that your lady?
Whoever she is, she appears quite feisty!

Grantley said...

She is not my lady and she is quite feisty. She is the greatest Faulkner fanatic on the planet. She has slept on his grave countless times, and not always alone (wink, wink).

sarahfisch said...

OH MY GOD!
She's my hero now.
Her and Bill. And you. And Cecilia Fire Thunder. We should all go grave-sleeping.
I wonder what kinda NYC graves I could go sleep on.

Grantley said...

Actually, she's a raging bitch and I removed her picture.